Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Brainstorming

I love the idea of exploring other cultures through food. I think there are a lot of great connections to different areas of the curriculum that we could tie in. I like the idea of having a country fair at the end. The students would then have to present an overall look at the culture, on top of explaining what the significance of the dish. I had a couple other ideas, but at this point I think we should just go with this one. I like it and I think it will work well! I don't know how realistic we have to be, but in a real classroom you would have to take into consideration that not all families could afford to buy ingredients to participate. Just a thought...

As for grade level, we have to think about what is appropriate for what we want to do. If we go younger we could definitely simplify it. Unless we go with an older grade, we will have to accommodate for the fact that young students can't work alone in the kitchen. I think fourth grade would be the youngest to try this with. That way we can make it a little more difficult and have more to work with for the project.

Cindy, let us know what type of ideas you need to use in the concept map. I have a lot running though my head but I'm not sure what will be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment