Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Scrip Rough Draft

Here is my rough draft guys...please let me know of any changes you think should be made or things to be added because I'm not sure how good it is....and I was thinking that mine would be a good one to go right before the kitchen saftey script.

For this project we will be donig lots of research on cultures and the food of cultures. Doing this kind of research is going to require to spend lots of time on computers and internet searching. This is why something liek computer saftey will be very important in our class room.


The Internet can be a wonderful resource for kids. They can use it to research school reports, communicate with teachers and other kids, and play interactive games. Kids who are old enough to punch in a few letters on the keyboard can literally access the world. But that access can also pose hazards.

For example, student might do an online search for "Lego." But with just one missed keystroke, the word "Legs" is entered instead, and the child may be directed to a slew of websites with a focus on legs — some of which may contain unapproprate material. That's why it's important to be aware of what your students see and hear on the Internet.

Just like any safety issue, it's wise to talk with students about your concerns, take advantage of resources to protect them, and keep a close eye on their activities.

As a teacher there are many options we can use to protect our students. Many online communites like, Tapped In, can be to communicate with other educators. This allows you to share safe places for the students to view on the internet. Wikis are also something very useful to provide internet saftey. They allow users to edit content online. Wikispaces are a form of a wiki and you can use them to set up pages for each group. These pages can have sections in them that have approved sites they can use to research information. This can also help them start a page for their own group to help keep their projects organized.

Providing safe places for our students to research their cultures will help them get to the next step of the project; planning a culture recipie and getting a chance to step into the kitchen.

**Ok that was a super rough draft, and seems like it may not be as well written or as long as you guys have your scripts...so let me know if you have any suggestions please**

15 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle-I think it sounds good! Hey everyone-I'm going to slightly change my ending. I'm sorry, I was thinking someone was doing agriculture so I ended mine by connecting it to agriculture. Instead of saying, The focus of our "Around the World" project now turns to the second part of our research, agriculture. I will say, The focus of our "Around the World" project now turns to an important aspect of researching, computer safety. I think this will connect my part to Michelle's part and then Michelle to Corey and then Corey to Heidi. Does that sound right? Let me know what everyone thinks about my different ending and the order of our scripts. Also, can we go ahead and create our podcast? Thanks everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy I think that now it flows perfectly the way that you have it set now. We are just waiting on one more script right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, I think yours looks great. Cindy, go ahead and make changes if you need to. It sounds like it would work.

    Everyone's scripts are up. Do we need to all use the same background music?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corey - I think that would be a great idea. I was kind of wondering the same thing. She said that we could do them all seperately, but they had to "flow together". I think the same music would help that. Does anybody have a preference?

    Michelle - nope, they are all up.

    Cindy - I think that sounds perfect. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The song doesn't matter to me. As long it is something we all have. Should we find something on the free music website that she posted on elearning? I'll wait a little while to hear back from people before I record. But I'd like to record this today so I don't have to worry about it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Everyone, I like the idea about the same music. I don't have a preference. If someone has picked one out that sounds perfect to me. Just let me know what song. I agree with Corey, I want to finish mine today, so I don't have to worry about it over the weekend. Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just recorded mine. I used a track from the website that she posted on eLearning. You should be able to find it by searching. Let me know if you have problems. It's called "October Night in B Minor". I just picked the first one that sounded ok, hope you guys don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and mine is over two minutes long. Do you think that is ok?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Corey I think thats fine it was just supposed to be a minimal of one min. and I agree about the background music so I'll look for that song and record mine today too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Corey how did you do it...what did you download because there are lots of options

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should be able to use the search box in the bottom corner, just copy and paste the title of the song. I just tried it and it came up. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. no i mean for the program where we have to record our stuff on...it says i have to download a program

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a mac so I downloaded the mac version. I think it just depends on what type of computer you have.

    ReplyDelete
  14. for some reason when i try to submit the podcast its not uploading...is anyone else having these problems?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michelle- It took awhile for me to submit my podcast I think because of the size of the file. I had to wait awhile before it was completely uploaded. I hope it's working for you. Good Luck!Corey- Thanks for choosing the music. It worked great.

    ReplyDelete